Overview of the Screen Recorder Launcher API
This guide is for customers who have the Enterprise or Solution Builder Plan and want to incorporate the screen recorder software into their network and application(s). The guide can also be used to understand the capabilities provided through the API before purchasing.
The API can be implemented through a Basic Uploader or a Custom Uploader. The Basic Uploader uses the standard UI and publishing using push/put to your backend. The Custom Uploader enables developing a custom user interface (UI) and custom upload endpoint, such as to your backend or a cloud service if not supported in the Basic Uploader. Both methods use the same sequence of events:
- The browser launches the recorder.
- The recorder is available to record the screen and the user makes a recording.
- The raw, fully editable recording is stored on the user's computer.
- The user provides metadata as part of the publishing process and then uploads.
- The local computer encodes and uploads the video and metadata to the publishing endpoint.
Recording and encoding is executed on the user's local machine; only the finished product—the specified metadata and the encoded recording—is uploaded. Recordings are encoded in mp4 fomat.
Please see the next article Getting Started with the Screen Recorder Launcher API